Saturday, December 4, 2010

Notes on 12/04/10 Meeting

Design Document is pretty much finished; I sent you an email to view it in Google Docs. If you are having trouble viewing it let me know, as I was having trouble while I tried it out for myself. There is still room for polish, so feel free to point out anything. The front cover needs to be colored; I will work on that unless Lily has already finished it.

Everyone will meet on Tuesday (except me) to talk about the final presentation. Lily will relay the events of the meeting to me on Friday, 12/10
Lily and I have suggested:
- Chris: story & music
- Artur: character
- Alvin: hearth & design
- Maja: carnival & its gameplay
- Lily: PR material, game controls, general gameplay, other characters

These are not set in stone, but will give us an idea on who says what. We will need to make the powerpoint presentation to reflect the order of which we will speak. This order is pretty much like the design document.

Artur and Lily, what did you turn in to David? 

We still need:
- teaser trailer, compiled with the flash animation and storyboards
    This means I need all the animations from Artur. Don't worry about starting any more scenes; just polish what you have made already.
- box art w/ finished front cover. Lily, if you need help I can finish the front cover. Let me know as soon as you can.
- mock website. This should be simple and elegant. Chris and Alvin, please collaborate on this and create a screenshot of the website page. It needs to be finished in a week, 1 1/2 weeks at the most. Don't stress too much about it, just make it work considering our time constraint.
- powerpoint presentation to go with our final presentation. All we need is to copy and paste from the material we have, just covering the main points. We also have the character audio, so we should play them in the background. Remember, lots of visuals!
- finalized design document for print. I will hand this off to Lily so she can print out a hardcopy. If anyone is interested in hardcopies of the design document and/or the box art, please notify Lily.

That is all I can think of, if there is something missing don't hesitate to mention it.

6 comments:

  1. Great job with all the info Maja you are on it!
    I will create the powerpoint since I will be finished with all other school projects after today. Yay!
    I can finalize the black and white cover (house and pin) by this week if you could color it Maja? I want it to look well done and I dont have the skills :/
    What day do we present?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maja: Great job! I'll talk to Chris later on to see what ideas he has for the mock website and post what we came up with on the blog later. I'll definitely have more time since I'm wrapping up in my other classes.

    See the rest of you later on today. Mission Campus right Lily?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maja: I can't seem to open the design document when I click on the link in the email. Dunno if it being a .docx might have anything to do with it... Also, I talked to Chris after I drew out a quick wireframe of the mock website during yesterday's meeting and he said he was working on it, so I told him to let me know if he needed any help or input.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily: For the presentation, these will be what I will be speaking about Hearth, its design and attributes:

    -Its designation in the game as the central town/world hub
    -Why it is a safe haven for the protagonist Pin
    -Certain landmarks/weenies in the town that provide clues into the history of the town and its relevance in the game world
    -The layout of the town in relation to the class of inhabitants
    -Interactivity of the town with the main character (repair/custom item shops for Pin, markets for mingling with residents in order to retrieve information or side missions, etc.)
    -The abandoned puppet theater as a destination for mini-games
    -Tutorial locations (forest/park areas)

    Please let me know if I am missing anything. As I mentioned to Maja in the post above, I am having trouble opening up the design document. I will try to open it again later on in order to see what else I can include for the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alvin, I will email you the document as a (.doc) file. If that doesn't work, I can drop it off in your flashdrive tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete