Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Onette (in color)

So I finally got Photoshop last week and gave the WACOM tablet a try. It was ridiculously hard at 1st but I picked it up pretty quickly. Anyway, here's my attempt at coloring one of the character designs. Please let me know what you guys think, the color palette isn't final but I thought it came out pretty good.

10 comments:

  1. Hey this looks good! You are so lucky you have a tablet! grr. I like the new changes to her dress, the skirt looks a bit more mature and not so pixy-like. Something about the black is not sitting right with me, i imagined her to have a very bright personality and im not sure that relects it. But then again she has been used by Balthazar and manipulated so it could play into that too.
    Otherwise I think you did great. I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lily! Yeah, I had no idea what all the fuss was about but now I see just how handy this WACOM thing really is. Thanks for you input! what colors did you have in mind? I'd be more than happy to change it up as I just defaulted to the blackish dress and I'm really not good with color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...
    Green dress to make her eyes pop?or a soft blue? i love the purple...this is tough! im not sure. im going to research some color pallets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Artur. Looking good. I agree that we should explore different colors for the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I like the treatment with different views of the character and that you are starting to explore typefaces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think maybe if the belt was a different color it would look way better, like brown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would save these colors for Eliquin. Black and Purple make Onette look like an antagonist. Great work, though. If it helps, I have a color scheme book I can bring to the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! bring that book Maja, that would be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the feedback... Yeah, coloring isn't really my thing but I thought I'd give it a shot. And Maja is right, the color scheme should be reserved for Elequin anyway. Any suggestions for Balthazar?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picture Balthazar as red and black, complimenting Eliquin's purple and black (if we go for that color scheme). It's basic, I know, but we can always change it up.

    ReplyDelete