Thursday, October 7, 2010

Town Designs

Here's the sketches I drew out for the town:



"Center Hub"

"Industrial" district

"Residences"

Panoramic view of town in relation to geography
Description of defensive tactics for the town against the evil puppets

The Center Hub would consist of all the buildings associated with a town square (ex. city hall, businesses, etc.) and would have 3 entrances: one entrance from the bridge that leads to the forest, one that leads to the industrial district of the town, and the last one leading to the residences.

The residences I imagined it being divided up by social stature. For example, the mayor's house would be that big square to the top left of the map. We can discuss this further if needed be, but I'm guessing this is where the house of the boy who "Pin" stays with would be?

The industrial area would consist of a factory that harnesses the river as its main resource with the water mill generating energy for the town and also providing irrigation for the crops. This would be the part of the town I imagined would have the most depth to it (ex. secret walkways, power-ups, storyline implications).

Feel free to point out any conflicts with the levels or anything that can be added to help with the story or the overall gameplay/feel of the level. Any input would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and see you all tomorrow.

-Alvin

1 comment:

  1. This looks great. I don't see any conflicts, you've added some nice elements to the story and gameplay. How about if we color the castle type elements a warmish sandstone instead the typical grey rock?

    Also, I darkened the pictures 'cuz they were kind of faint.

    ReplyDelete