Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lily's Random Ideas...

I think a great boss possibility is a giant Indonesian shadow puppet. Or we should at least represent them somewhere in the game.


Also I think the shops that you go into could be run by hand puppets because the shop counter would act as the "Stage" and block the arms or hand that are inside the puppets from view. we could even put curtains on either side of the counter-space :D.  It's a quirky idea I know, just throwing it all out there so we can pick and choose.

Some idea sketches:

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the shadow puppet idea. I can definitely see that in a Nightmare world or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shadow puppets are great. I really like the second example. It seems a bit less culturally specific. If we choose this aesthetic, a playable demo would be back on the table. This is because it would clearly be 2d side scrolling platform game. Lily I would love to see some sketches in the style of the shadow puppets but with the cuteness of your sketches. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lilly, these are awesome ideas! I definitely think we should include the shadow puppets in some way, especially something closer to the end-game. The hand puppet running stores idea is a great one too. It actually made me think about possibly having just regular string puppets run the stores in the game. Like it would look like a mini theater, the puppet would descend from above on strings and the curtains would reveal the item selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of a mini theater setting. It is a concept that really lends itself to great ideas involving gameplay. Trapdoors, set changes during the action, etc. comes to mind.

    Would you all be open to having the game levels also set on a stage, a larger one perhaps? The transitions between levels, menus, could be a curtain closing and opening. Also this would give a great cohesive structure to focus our design and game mechanics work on. It would also allow the use all different types of puppets. Their type (i.e. finger, hand, sock, shadow, marionette) could indicate their functions within the game world, as Artur suggested above.

    ReplyDelete