For Pin, I wanted his puppet design to be pretty basic and cute. Since he can't speak he relies on his facial expressions to show what he is feeling. His eyebrows and mouth will move a lot. Think of Wall-E-ish behavior. Curious, very gentle looking, but when he is pushed can get angry. I kind of like him wearing a vest. Should he wear pants or some kind of short?
I wanted Onette to look more interesting, noticable, I definitely want her to stand out a bit. As for clothes, definitely not what she is wearing in that drawing but I was thinking of doing some kind of spin on what a witch meets a stylish French girl.
I personally really like the face and hair for Onette, she looks a lot like what I pictured her to look when I was coming up with the story. The hair I thought about keeping wavy but doing it in a ponytail. But I like that she looks a bit more interesting and mysterious the way she is now.
Anyway, so what are your thoughts on the designs? Once we can all agree on an asthetic style for them I'll start working on the color palettes and finalize the garments for them. Thank you guys for all your hard work so far. I can't tell you how exciting this whole project is! I promise to start putting out more character designs and concepts very soon, it's just been a very busy week for me.



Wow!
ReplyDelete