
Rough draft for the entire circus carnival map. How big should it be? Would this just be part of a side quest world, therefore, not so important? I want to incorporate a couple of rides as well, such as a ferris wheel and a tilt-a-whirl of some sort. Orientation is not finalized, so I don't have a designated North. Entrance will have ticket booths, then middle will be rows of game stalls. The attractions/rides will be farther from the middle. Suggested attractions: a fun house, an exhibit tent, etc. I was thinking this circus was run by puppets, but was made to entertain humans. Now since the puppets have been possessed, the circus hasn't been open and is a bit run-down. There should totally be a boss for this one. Perhaps as the player explores different parts of the circus cinematics are played with the boss in shadow, playing with his head? Almost like luring the player into the big top, where the battle should take place. After the big top fight the player may go behind the tent and rummage through the traveling circus setup to find pickups/rewards.

This one is a little more self-explanatory. It is just a sample of one of the attractions. I would like to utilize this space, maybe branching off to more dead ends? Attractions like these are, however, supposed to be a direct path. I want room 3 to be painted in a way that the door to room 4 is not completely visible, and is small (i.e., player must crouch and crawl through). The hall of mirrors will lead to the round mirror room, #6. I picture a cinematic once the player enters the room, and the door closes and spins, encasing the player in a multi-pane glass room, disorienting the player.
Suggestions? Comments?
These look awesome, Maja! I like your descriptions of the areas and what happens there, I can visualize it all in my head. Maybe you can also add enemy spawn points and item boxes/treasure chests? But this is really great!
ReplyDeleteGreat work.
ReplyDeleteMaja I imagine the whole circus world being about 1 mile long (to human size characters). But this is an important question for the group. How big are the puppets in relation to the human characters? Are they life size or regular puppets? Are Pin and Onette human sized?
ReplyDelete